SAFETY COMMITTEE MEMBERS SHOULD BE PICKED USING THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
• Bilingual if possible.
• Willing to take safety seriously.
• Working in an area of the site where safety needs to be monitored closely.
On-Site Safety Officer
In the event that there is an imminent hazard the Health and Safety Director will stop work in that area until employees can be protected or until the hazard can be abated. All other unsafe or unhealthy conditions and work practices will be corrected expeditiously, with the most hazardous conditions given correction priority.
The Health and Safety Director is also responsible to assure that all foremen are knowledgeable of the safety and health hazards to which employees under their immediate direction and control may be exposed.
In addition, the Health and Safety Director will also be responsible for accident investigations and Reporting.
IRONCLAD METALS INC. has developed an extensive IN-HOUSE Safety Training for its Employees. We have decided that it is beneficial to us and our employees to have an on site Safety Supervisor. We have developed ongoing Training programs that can be initiated at any time while on site, rather then schedule training on a subcontract basis. This allows us to interact with the Employees on Safety Issues on a daily basis rather then just the once a week Tool Box Meeting.Ironclad Metals, Inc. – Where Safety, Quality and Production are Everything!
Ironclad Safety Program
• Hold weekly on site meetings to discuss safety issues.
• All discussions should be meaningful and directed to current job safety.
• Meeting should occur just before the weekly tailgate meeting and might be used to decide what issues are to be discussed at the tailgate meeting.
Safety Committee Members
• Responsible for daily on site safety.
• Appoints safety committee (one member for every ten workers on site).
• Writes all written reprimands.
• Gives verbal warnings.
• Handles safety meetings.
• Coordinates efforts with site superintendent and the Safety Supervisor.
• Can meet with insurance people.